Sunday, April 10, 2016

Bryan Adam's Reckless a timeless Album

So a few weeks Sheryl and I were hanging in my Man Cave and nothing was good on the TV.  I pulled out the record albums and found Reckless from Bryan Adams and we listened to it.  Wow, I forgot what a great album it was.  Now I have listened to it much more often and wanted to add it to this blog.

I remember the first time I heard/saw Bryan Adams was on MTV at my grandparent's house.  We didn't have MTV at that time so I would watch for hours when I got time to visit.  I remember the video for Cuts Like a Knife and really thought it was a great song, but that was just a preview to the monster album that is Reckless.

Reckless was one of those 80's monster albums that just kept on the charts and had hit after hit released from it.  Now it was not Purple Rain, Born in the USA or Thriller level, I would say it was just a next step behind those albums.  It was released in 84 and it had 6 releases hit the top 15 of the charts.

Of the 6 releases, Somebody, Heaven, One Night Love Affair, and It's Only Love, the releases Run To You and Summer of 69 have special places in my heart.  I was in high school when Run To You was released and I had a great girlfriend, but I also had a crush on a girl that was slightly out of my league.  Now my crush started paying more attention once the girlfriend showed up and when I heard Run To You I felt like Bryan Adams was singing about me.  The Summer of 69 was the year I was born.  It is a fun coming of age song that all kids have felt about, the title is what is funny.  We all knew when Bryan Adams was born and we knew he wasn't old enough for the time frame to fit.  So the title was hinting at a naughty side.

The best thing about this album is that it is timeless.  Unlike a lot of hits from the 80's it isn't dated. The release is just solid Rock songs that could be released now and still be fresh hits.  So if you want to hear some great songs listen to this album.

Til next time, listen to the best -  your ears deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment