Sunday, January 30, 2011

Best Soundtrack, Don't be hating!

Well time for another album and time for another one of my favorites.  The 80's were a great time for soundtracks. From Footloose to Top Gun, and Cocktail.  Most young teen falling in love movies had some kind of soundtrack for them.  Now the three I mentioned were all great soundtracks, and Purple Rain from Prince.  Well that could of stood on its own.  Everyone knows how much I love the purple one, but I have to say he doesn't have the best soundtrack.
I was about 12 and at the movies with my mom and brother and I saw a preview for a movie.  It looked awsome and it made my mom cringe, that is a bonus for any 12 year old.  It was a cartoon with Heavy Metal music violence, blood, and naked chicks.  Yes I had to wait a few years until I saw the movie, but I got the soundtrack first.  Yes, I am talking about HEAVY METAL.
It was one if not the first of its era released in 81 and wow the artists.  Sammy Hagar, Journey, Cheap Trick, Grand Funk Railroad, Black Sabbath (Dio), Blue Oyster Cult, Devo, Donald Fagan (Steely Dan) and Stevie Nicks how can you get better than that? I have to say the title track from Sammy is the shit!  I feel it rocks so much harder than anything he ever did with Van Hagar.   And the rest of the songs fit so well with the movie.  The movie starts with a corvette flying to earth from Space.  Just too cool.  It set the standard for the rest of the soundtracks there after.
The movie has also entered culture, the best South Park in a long time paid homage to the awsomeness of this movie.  I own it on VHS and will never get rid of the tape even if I get the movie on Blue Ray.  Hell if I could find the soundtrack on 8 track I would buy it.  Well I already know I will get some disagreement, and I am looking forward to it.  Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment